There are many financial needs that must be met each year to maintain the continued success of our school. We are able to meet those needs through the generous gifts from our many benefactors and participation in our Annual Fundraising Events. Your support helps to maintain the tradition of excellence in Catholic education for the students at South Hills Catholic Academy.
The goal of SHCA is that no child or family be turned away because they are unable to afford tuition. To achieve this goal, we will rely on generous benefactors to provide tuition assistance to the majority of our students. We also offer the opportunity to assist our faculty through endowments. Support may be given in several ways:
- Annual Named Scholarship that will be used for full and partial tuition assistance for one or many families in need.
- Perpetual Named Scholarship that supports one or many students on a continuous basis. This scholarship will follow a student(s) through their 8-10 years at the academy.
- Multi-Year Pledge to the SHCA Tuition Assistance Fund that will allow the Academy and its students to have a degree of stability in financial planning.
- Annual Named Endowment that will be used for full or partial payment of a faculty member’s salary.
- Perpetual Named Endowment that supports one or many faculty members on a continuous basis. This Endowment may also support a specific department, i.e. Art, Foreign Language, Music, etc.
SHCA will need to acquire and upgrade several buildings to support the mission of the Academy. There will be significant capital needs in the early years of the Academy to acquire and refurbish these facilities. Donors can contribute in a variety of ways including:
- Unrestricted Contributions that provide the Academy Board of Directors the flexibility to use the money for the greatest need. Unrestricted contributions may be made through the Donate button below.
- Major Gifts for the acquisition of buildings or specific major upgrades to the infrastructure (i.e. security system, roofing, HVAC, windows, etc).
- Targeted Sponsorships to support ongoing improvements by sponsoring:
- Science Lab
- Technology Lab
- Teacher’s Lounge
- Commemorative Giving at all levels:
- Large Meeting Spaces/Conference Rooms
- Item of Donor’s Choosing
You can make a direct donation to South Hills Catholic Academy at anytime through the link below. Specific donation directives include: Scholarships and Endowments, Capital Expenditures, or Area of Greatest Need. Additional donation directives may be indicated in the "Write a Note" section.
The Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) is a Pennsylvania state program to provide tuition assistance to needy families who would like to attend private schools. Tax credits are awarded by the state for money donated to the program The types of taxes that can be offset by the credit include personal, business, and various special taxes. For a complete description of the program and the taxes that can be offset, please go to the following website:
South Hills Catholic Academy (SHCA) is partnering with a non-profit group, the Central PA Scholarship Fund (CPSF), which provides the administration of this program at no cost – every dollar donated ends up supporting a needy student. Utilizing CPSF simplifies the process for our school and for the donor while ensuring all the funds support the families in need.
The process for participating in EITC with SHCA is as follows:
- Assess how much you or your organization will pay in qualifying PA state taxes over the next two years. Anyone paying over $3,500 in PA state tax is eligible to participate.
- Sign a Joinder Agreement with CPSF (found here) indicating the amount of the donation you would like to make. Indicate “South Hills Catholic Academy” in the name of school to support. The state fund is first come, first serve, so signing early is important to secure the credits.
- Return the form to SHCA for submission to CPSF on your behalf.
- CPSF will request a check for your donation in the November timeframe.
- CPSF sends documentation in early 2021 for tax filing purposes. The donor receives a PA Tax credit for 90% of the donation and a Federal Tax deduction for the other 10% of the donation.
- Donor uses the documentation from CPSF in preparing 2020 tax returns next year.
The EITC program will be an important source of funding for SHCA and our mission to serve the needy children of the South Hills of Pittsburgh. We appreciate any support you can provide through this program and encourage you to talk to us and your tax preparer to discuss your ability to participate.